Depreciation and Amortization in DCF Analyses and the Impact of the New Tax Law
BVR's Webinar Series
Thursday, February 15, 2018
10:00am-11:40am PT • 1:00pm-2:40pm ET
The recording and transcript for this webinar are available to subscribers:
Already a subscriber? Login
- Why capital expenditures must be greater than depreciation in most DCF analysis
- Illustrative explanatory exhibits
- Examples of court decisions that have failed to recognize this fact
- Why amortization and other limited life items must be excluded from terminal value calculations
- Discussion of how they should be handled in DCF analyses
- A court decision that missed this point
- The 2018 Tax Cuts and Jobs Act:
- Lowers the corporate tax rate
- Permits 100% write-offs of many capital expenditures
- Discussion of the impact of these changes on DCF analyses
- Explain the impact of capital expenditures, depreciation and amortization on terminal value
- Describe the relationship between capital expenditures and depreciation
- Explain how to account for amortization and other limited life items in a growth model
- Understand the impact of the new tax law on DCF calculations
BVR's Training Packs are an indispensable addition to any valuation reference library. Use them as training tools as many times as you'd like, wherever you are: play them at your computer at work or home, in your car, or on your personal audio device.
Delivered as an electronic download approximately four weeks after the program has aired, each Training Pack includes:
- Recordings and transcripts of the presentation
- All presentation visual aids and handouts
- All ancillary reading materials suggested by our presenters
If you are ordering a Training Pack after the four week window, the download link will be sent to you immediately via email. Please check your spam folder and add firstname.lastname@example.org to your “safe list” to ensure you receive your Training Pack.
See BVR's complete list of available Training Packs from past webinars for more information.
BVR's Satisfaction Guarantee
Business Valuation Resources offers a 100% money-back guarantee on our training services. If you are not completely satisfied with your experience, or have any feedback, please contact Business Valuation Resources at 1-503-479-8200 or email@example.com.