Damages Estimation and Valuation: How to Use Survey Research
Part 3 of BVR's Special Series presented by The Comprehensive Guide to Economic Damages
The recording and transcript for this webinar are available to subscribers:
Already a subscriber? Login
Are you using empirical evidence or educated guesses? The use of surveys in damages estimations, particularly in intellectual property disputes, can be a powerful tool, but also easy to misuse. By understanding key judiciary and industry guidelines regarding the design and execution of surveys you can strengthen your position and avoid blunders. Experts Larry Chiagouris and Leon Kaplan will instruct you on survey fundamentals and also highlight special topics that can help assure a successful outcome. A detailed case study will give you the confidence to institute these best practices and guiding principles in your next damages calculation assignment.
- Role of Surveys
- Federal Judiciary Guidelines
- Manual for Complex Litigation
- Reference Guide on Survey Research
- Purpose and Design of a Study
- Defining the Population
- Survey Questions
- Personnel and Objectivity
- Data Gathering
- Industry Guidelines
- Case Study
- Validity and Non-survey Based Information
- Understand how the design and execution of a survey impact the ability of the survey to withstand criticism from opposing counsel and its expert.
- Learn what your testifying expert needs to do to provide a rebuttal opinion concerning a survey based opinion provided by the opposing counsel’s expert.
- Learn how to generate and use non-survey related information to complement or validate and in some cases, substitute for survey data.
BVR's Training Packs are an indispensable addition to any valuation reference library. Use them as training tools as many times as you'd like, wherever you are: play them at your computer at work or home, in your car, or on your personal audio device.
Delivered as an electronic download approximately four weeks after the program has aired, each Training Pack includes:
- Recordings and transcripts of the presentation
- All presentation visual aids and handouts
- All ancillary reading materials suggested by our presenters
If you are ordering a Training Pack after the four week window, the download link will be sent to you immediately via email. Please check your spam folder and add firstname.lastname@example.org to your “safe list” to ensure you receive your Training Pack.
See BVR's complete list of available Training Packs from past webinars for more information.
BVR's Satisfaction Guarantee
Business Valuation Resources offers a 100% money-back guarantee on our training services. If you are not completely satisfied with your experience, or have any feedback, please contact Business Valuation Resources at 1-503-479-8200 or email@example.com.