Event Studies in Security Litigation: Strategy and Tactics
Part 1 of BVR's Special Series presented by The Comprehensive Guide to Economic Damages
Tuesday, April 26, 2016
10:00am-11:40am PT • 1:00pm-2:40pm ET
The recording and transcript for this webinar are available to subscribers:
Already a subscriber? Login
- Introduction and the Pre-Halliburton II Regime
- An Efficient Markets Hypothesis Primer
- Summary of the Impact of Basic and Halliburton II
- Event Study Methodology: A Primer
- What Does an Event Study Accomplish?
- Performing an Event Study
- Enumerating Choices Made by an Expert
- Robustness Tests
- For Defendants: A Common Error in Significance
- Event Studies and the Fifth Cammer Factor
- Complications and Alternative Securities
- Understand why Halliburton II has accelerated the introduction and increased the importance of event study evidence
- Learn the relations between event study evidence and the fraud-on-the-market presumption plus testing the fifth Cammer factor
- Describe the exact choices required in performing an event study
- Describe the importance of testing the robustness of these choices
- Learn most experts err in testing significance of their conclusions
BVR's Training Packs are an indispensable addition to any valuation reference library. Use them as training tools as many times as you'd like, wherever you are: play them at your computer at work or home, in your car, or on your personal audio device.
Delivered as an electronic download approximately four weeks after the program has aired, each Training Pack includes:
- Recordings and transcripts of the presentation
- All presentation visual aids and handouts
- All ancillary reading materials suggested by our presenters
If you are ordering a Training Pack after the four week window, the download link will be sent to you immediately via email. Please check your spam folder and add firstname.lastname@example.org to your “safe list” to ensure you receive your Training Pack.
See BVR's complete list of available Training Packs from past webinars for more information.
BVR's Satisfaction Guarantee
Business Valuation Resources offers a 100% money-back guarantee on our training services. If you are not completely satisfied with your experience, or have any feedback, please contact Business Valuation Resources at 1-503-479-8200 or email@example.com.