Residual Contribution Method
Part 9 of BVR's 2015 Special Series on Intellectual Property
Thursday, January 7, 2016
10:00am-11:40am PT • 1:00pm-2:40pm ET
The recording and transcript for this webinar are available to subscribers:
Already a subscriber? Login
Purchase the Training Pack ($199.00) to get the recording, transcript, and presentation materials for this webinar in a single download. Please allow up to 30 days after the webinar for the Training Pack to be available.
A company’s most valuable asset is often the corporate brand. The Residual Contribution Method is designed to minimize the high level of irrelevance, subjectivity, as well as lack of practicality that are inherent in the existing models. By systematically exploring the relation between a business enterprise, its underlying key intangible assets, goodwill, and ultimately, corporate brand value René Hlousek delivers an advanced method able to navigate this complexity.
- What is Corporate Brand……...from a Valuation Standpoint
- Brand vs. Goodwill Definitional Framework – Similarities Explored
- Universe of Attempts to Value Brand – Traps & Shortcomings
- Moving Beyond Current Threshold: Residual Contribution Method (“RCM”)
- Tapping into the Wealth of Financial Reporting Valuation Concepts
- Setting Boundaries for Asset Group Values
- Value Drivers: Examination of Accounting vs. Non-Accounting Intangibles
- Purification of Goodwill – Application of Filters
- Key Step toward Valuing Brand: Exclude it First
- Path to Brand Royalty Rate – Without the Reliance on Generic Market Data
- Isolating, Extracting, and Unifying Residuals – The Essence of Brand Value
- Conversion and Application of RCM Brand Value to Financial Reporting Context
- Overview of Analytical Flow
- Key Observations and Sample of Caveats
- Detailed Exhibits Showing Analysis per Each Key Step within the RCM
- Identify and isolate key components of overall company value attributable to brand
- Extract brand value elements through the lens of other intangibles including goodwill
- Quantify the most esoteric components of brand value
- Leverage a wide spectrum of intangible asset valuation techniques commonly used in financial reporting engagements
BVR's Training Packs are an indispensable addition to any valuation reference library. Use them as training tools as many times as you'd like, wherever you are: play them at your computer at work or home, in your car, or on your personal audio device.
Delivered as an electronic download approximately four weeks after the program has aired, each Training Pack includes:
- Recordings and transcripts of the presentation
- All presentation visual aids and handouts
- All ancillary reading materials suggested by our presenters
If you are ordering a Training Pack after the four week window, the download link will be sent to you immediately via email. Please check your spam folder and add firstname.lastname@example.org to your “safe list” to ensure you receive your Training Pack.
See BVR's complete list of available Training Packs from past webinars for more information.
BVR's Satisfaction Guarantee
Business Valuation Resources offers a 100% money-back guarantee on our training services. If you are not completely satisfied with your experience, or have any feedback, please contact Business Valuation Resources at 1-503-479-8200 or email@example.com.