Law Firms: Valuation and Other Consulting Opportunities
BVR's Webinar Series
Wednesday, April 29, 2015
10:00am-11:40am PT • 1:00pm-2:40pm ET
The recording and transcript for this webinar are available to subscribers:
Already a subscriber? Login
Ron Seigneur examines of one of the trickiest and, some would say, most ubiquitous professional service companies to value. Through this presentation, expert Ron Seigneur reviews the operational characteristics of law firms, the challenges they present, and how best to overcome these obstacles in the valuation process. Participants will receive a customized information request list for a law practice valuation assignment. In addition to Seigneur's past position as CFO of a 50-attorney firm, he has consulted with hundreds of law firms for a variety of practice management and succession planning related engagements. Take full advantage of this experience and expertise in this can't-miss webinar.
- Trends currently facing the legal profession
- Issues relating to the operations and functionality of law firms as they relate to the valuation process
- The application of the appraisal process to a law firm: common pitfalls and how to properly appraise a law firm
- Other engagement opportunities for CPAs and advisors
- Gain insight into the differences between types of law practices and the related impact on valuation
- Understand the key financial statement elements in a law practice that often require analysis and adjustment
- Learn about ABA Model Rule 1.17 that allows for small law firms to be actively marketed and sold similar to CPA firms
- Explore opportunities to provide ancillary consulting services to attorneys and law firms
BVR's Training Packs are an indispensable addition to any valuation reference library. Use them as training tools as many times as you'd like, wherever you are: play them at your computer at work or home, in your car, or on your personal audio device.
Delivered as an electronic download approximately four weeks after the program has aired, each Training Pack includes:
- Recordings and transcripts of the presentation
- All presentation visual aids and handouts
- All ancillary reading materials suggested by our presenters
If you are ordering a Training Pack after the four week window, the download link will be sent to you immediately via email. Please check your spam folder and add firstname.lastname@example.org to your “safe list” to ensure you receive your Training Pack.
See BVR's complete list of available Training Packs from past webinars for more information.
BVR's Satisfaction Guarantee
Business Valuation Resources offers a 100% money-back guarantee on our training services. If you are not completely satisfied with your experience, or have any feedback, please contact Business Valuation Resources at 1-503-479-8200 or email@example.com.