Fatal Flaws in the Traditional Levels of Value: Is there a Better Model?
BVR's Webinar Series
Tuesday, February 17, 2004
12:00am-2:00am PT • 3:00am-5:00am ET
The recording and transcript for this webinar are available to subscribers:
Already a subscriber? Login
Purchase the Training Pack ($99.00) to get the recording, transcript, and presentation materials for this webinar in a single download. Please allow up to 30 days after the webinar for the Training Pack to be available.
- What is wrong with the traditional levels of value model and is there a better solution?
- What are the main objections and inconsistencies in the model?
- What are the differences in buyer and seller behavior between the public markets and the market for control that make the traditional model wrong?
- If public stocks trade as minority interests, how can it be that public stock value doe not represent a minority level of value?
- What do acquisition premiums for public companies really represent? Do they tell us anything about the differential in value between minority and control?
- Do REIT discounts to NAV tell us anything about the differential in value between minority and control?
- Do closed end fund discounts tell us anything about the differential in value between minority and control?
- If the capital markets do not give us the reliable data on the difference between minority and control, how can we develop a reasonable discount for lack of control in a private company setting?
- Comments on the Lappo and Peracchio cases regarding the methodologies used by the appraisers to develop their levels of value. Is there a better way?
BVR's Training Packs are an indispensable addition to any valuation reference library. Use them as training tools as many times as you'd like, wherever you are: play them at your computer at work or home, in your car, or on your personal audio device.
Delivered as an electronic download approximately four weeks after the program has aired, each Training Pack includes:
- Recordings and transcripts of the presentation
- All presentation visual aids and handouts
- All ancillary reading materials suggested by our presenters
If you are ordering a Training Pack after the four week window, the download link will be sent to you immediately via email. Please check your spam folder and add firstname.lastname@example.org to your “safe list” to ensure you receive your Training Pack.
See BVR's complete list of available Training Packs from past webinars for more information.
BVR's Satisfaction Guarantee
Business Valuation Resources offers a 100% money-back guarantee on our training services. If you are not completely satisfied with your experience, or have any feedback, please contact Business Valuation Resources at 1-503-479-8200 or email@example.com.